Aaron Kaffen is a growth-focused leader and the Vice President of Marketing at Bigleaf Networks, an SD-WAN platform that improves cloud connectivity and overall internet performance for businesses. Aaron brings over 15 years of experience in strategic and analytical marketing to the company, specializing in a variety of software categories.
Before joining Bigleaf, Aaron worked at companies such as Tecplot, Inc., Cloudability, and Oversee.net. He was also an adopter of early web technologies in the ‘90s, even being one of the first to write a thesis on human interaction online.
In this episode…
Technology marketing is unique, for better and for worse. On one hand, the target audience is far more knowledgeable than the average customer. On the other hand, the fierce competition and expectations can make it difficult to gain ground. This is especially true for startups with small marketing teams and even smaller budgets. In these cases, how do you make a name for your brand?
This is the position that Aaron Kaffen found himself in on multiple occasions. With his experience in a variety of marketing roles, he has helped companies like Cloudability achieve incredible growth and become a recognized name in the industry. Now Aaron is working with Bigleaf Networks to help them improve their marketing in the same way. Today, he’s here to share his hard-won insights with you.
In this episode of the Revenue Engine Podcast, Alex Gluz hosts Aaron Kaffen, the Vice President of Marketing at Bigleaf Networks, to discuss how to market a technology business. Aaron goes over the early days of his career, how he helped Cloudability scale, and his current contributions at Bigleaf. The two also discuss crucial topics like product education, in-person events, and outsourcing services. Stay tuned for more.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Aaron Kaffen found his niche in tech marketing in the early 2000s
- Aaron’s experience working in the startup world
- How to educate stakeholders about your product
- Aaron talks about joining Bigleaf Networks and how the company improves internet connectivity
- The smart adjustments that the Bigleaf team has made to their marketing over the past year
- What marketing should you do in-house and what should you outsource?
- The biggest breakthrough moments in Aaron’s career
- The value of in-person and virtual events
- Aaron discusses how he learned to talk to CEOs
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- T.A. Monroe Digital Agency
- Alex Gluz on LinkedIn
- Bigleaf Networks
- Aaron Kaffen on LinkedIn
- FinOps Foundation
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by T.A.Monroe Digital.
At T.A.Monroe, we build world class revenue engines for B2B SaaS companies.
What that means is we do everything behind the scenes to generate you tons of qualified leads, opportunities and customers.
We build highly effective marketing systems and scale their profitably through our demand generation strategies.
We think scientifically on how to scale your demand and revenue.
We bring decades of experience.
Email us at [email protected].
The material was written with the help of the following resources:
- Designing a Better User Experience With Alejandro Rivas-Micoud of Userlytics
- Finding a Better Solution to CRM with Adam Honig of Spiro
- How to Improve Your Tech Marketing with Aaron Kaffen of Bigleaf Networks
- Starting and Marketing a New Business with Aaron Mellman of Aiden Technologies
- Leveraging Neuromarketing for Your Business with Tim Ash of TimAsh.com