With experience at five different start-ups in 20 years, Raghav “Rags” Gupta is a knowledgeable entrepreneur and investor. Currently, he is the President of Butlr, an innovative sensing platform that uses body heat to detect occupancy and activity. He is also a Venture Partner at Hyperplane Venture Capital and a Board Member at Dvinci Energy.
Rags continues to serve as a mentor and advisor for multiple start-ups, including Quala, Elucidata, and Asylon. Additionally, he is the Amazon #1 best-selling author of One to Ten: Finding Your Way from Startup to Scaleup.
In this episode…
There are a lot of resources out there for starting your first business. Entrepreneurship is more popular than ever, and subsequently, the infrastructure is better prepared for new businesses. The dark age of start-ups is over with new and improved systems. But what about scaling up?
This is what separates the established companies from the venture capital failures. Many people can start a business, but few can scale it into a recognized brand. Rags Gupta has worked with five startups over the past 20 years and has found lasting success with each one. Scaling is never easy, but Rags has consistently grown his companies into names you can trust. Now he’s here to share his process with you.
In this episode of the Revenue Engine Podcast, Alex Gluz hosts Rags Gupta, the President of Butlr, to discuss his advice and thoughts on scaling start-ups. The two discuss how to launch the first version of your product, knowing when and how to market your brand, and the overlooked components of a healthy start-up. They also go over Rags’ book and how it fills in the gaps for struggling start-ups. Tune in to hear it all for yourself!
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Rags Gupta’s journey from consultation to entrepreneur
- What makes a new project worthwhile and marketable?
- Why scaling up is currently more difficult than starting up
- The most overlooked component of a successful start-up
- Knowing when to launch the first version of your product
- How to effectively align your marketing, sales, and products as you scale up
- The lessons about scaling that Rags learned the hard way
- What are some of the first steps for getting your business off the ground?
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Raghav “Rags” Gupta on LinkedIn
- Rags Gupta on Twitter
- One to Ten: Finding Your Way from Startup to Scaleup by Rags Gupta
- One to Ten Substack
- T.A. Monroe Digital Agency
- Alex Gluz on LinkedIn
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future by Peter Thiel and Blake Masters
- Founder Collective
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by T.A.Monroe Digital.
At T.A.Monroe, we build world class revenue engines for B2B SaaS companies.
What that means is we do everything behind the scenes to generate you tons of qualified leads, opportunities and customers.
We build highly effective marketing systems and scale their profitably through our demand generation strategies.
We think scientifically on how to scale your demand and revenue.
We bring decades of experience.
Email us at [email protected].
- Expert Advice for Start-ups With Rene de Jong
- How to Start Up and Scale Up With Raghav “Rags” Gupta of Butlr
- How to Price Your SaaS Product With Dan Balcauski of Product Tranquility
- Learning How to Transform Your Startup With Steven Hoffman of Founders Space
- Raising the Standard for Quality Content with Charles Frydenborg of MarketMuse