Steven Hoffman is the Chairman and CEO of Founders Space, a startup accelerator that gives small businesses the tools they need to excel. The company was ranked as the #1 overseas startup accelerator by both Forbes and Entrepreneur magazines. Steven founded the business in 2010 with his own prior experience as the Founder and Chairman of the Producers Guild Silicon Valley Chapter, a Founding Member of the Academy of Television’s Interactive Media Group, and serving on the New Media Council Board of Governors.
Working in tandem with Founders Space, Steven has written three books as a venture investor and serial entrepreneur, including Make Elephants Fly, Surviving a Startup, and The Five Forces. He’s also had a rich career in both Hollywood and Silicon Valley, where he’s led the development of multiple television shows and mobile games.
In this episode
We’re living in the golden age for startups. Now more than ever, there seem to be more and more great ideas and brilliant investors. Plus, with the popularity of e-commerce, it’s easier than ever to get your business in front of the right demographic. The only problem is the heavy competition with other startups that also want a chance.
This is where Steven Hoffman and Founders Space enter the conversation. They are one of the most successful accelerators for overseas startups and have over 50 partners in 22 countries. Steven has founded multiple businesses and has learned firsthand what it takes to excel. He has written three books on his process, and now, he’s sharing that same expertise with you.
Alex Gluz speaks with Steven Hoffman, the Chairman and CEO of Founders Space, to find out the steps of launching and growing a successful startup. Steven starts with his own journey overcoming obstacles and securing funding for his startup. They then dive into detail on building the right team, finding demand, and negotiating with venture capitalists. Find out all this and more on this latest episode of the Revenue Engine Podcast.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How and why Steven Hoffman created one of the most successful startup incubators
- Steven shares a story about securing venture capital
- The dot-com bubble burst and how Steven and his team survived it
- Why your team is the most important part of your startup
- Knowing the strengths of each team member and leveraging them the right way
- What are the sure signs of a great startup?
- Steven talks about driving demand for your product from the start
- The next steps you need to take after getting your business funded
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Founders Space
- Steven Hoffman on LinkedIn
- T.A. Monroe Digital Agency
- Alex Gluz on LinkedIn
- Surviving a Startup: Practical Strategies for Starting a Business, Overcoming Obstacles, and Coming Out on Top by Steven Hoffman
Sponsor for this episode
This episode is brought to you by T.A.Monroe Digital.
At T.A.Monroe, we build world class revenue engines for B2B SaaS companies.
What that means is we do everything behind the scenes to generate you tons of qualified leads, opportunities and customers.
We build highly effective marketing systems and scale their profitably through our demand generation strategies.
We think scientifically on how to scale your demand and revenue.
We bring decades of experience.
Email us at [email protected].
The material was written with the help of the following resources: