Alena Amano is a performance marketing expert with more than 10 years of experience. Her most recent position was with Vimeo, where she oversaw paid acquisitions for SaaS products. She also managed global campaigns across seven languages as well as Vimeo’s external agencies.
Before Vimeo, Alena worked as a Direct Marketing Specialist at Aereo. She received her bachelor’s degree in philosophy and French from Trinity College in Hartford before interning at Care.com and switching careers. Alena holds certifications in marketing strategy and advanced growth strategy from Reforge and multiple certifications in AdWords and analytics from Google.
In this episode…
Video hosting was the wild west not too long ago — both new and unpredictable. Now, that same business has become a billion-dollar industry with a few major websites all competing for visibility. Quality marketing and expansion have become vital to keep up with YouTube’s dominance in the field.
One of these websites is Vimeo, which has recently attempted to expand globally. A part of this growth surge is Alena Amano, the former Director of Marketing Performance. Between Vimeo and Aereo, she has learned how to navigate the shifting landscape of video platforms. Now she shares her story and expertise with you.
Alex Gluz sits down with Alena Amano to discuss her insights into video hosting and marketing. She breaks down the greatest turning points for Vimeo, how performance marketing has changed, and the lessons she’s learned from expanding globally. They also talk about her life, career, and where she sees herself going next. Learn all of this — and more — on this episode of the Revenue Engine Podcast.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Alena Amano explains how she got started in media
- How has advertising evolved on Vimeo?
- Using localization teams to expand your brand globally
- What were the mistakes that Alena has learned from?
- The greatest challenge that Alena had to overcome
- Alena’s favorite Excel plugin to simplify her work
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- T.A.Monroe Digital Agency
- Alex Gluz on LinkedIn
- Alena Amano on LinkedIn
- Anjali Sud on LinkedIn
- ASAP Utilities for Excel
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by T.A.Monroe Digital.
At T.A.Monroe, we build world class revenue engines for B2B SaaS companies.
What that means is we do everything behind the scenes to generate you tons of qualified leads, opportunities and customers.
We build highly effective marketing systems and scale their profitably through our demand generation strategies.
We think scientifically on how to scale your demand and revenue.
We bring decades of experience.
Email us at [email protected].
The material was written with the help of the following resources:
- Leveraging Neuromarketing for Your Business with Tim Ash of SiteTuners
- How to compete with the big guys, with less resources (B2B)
- The Key to Marketing for Video Platforms with Alena Amano
- Best methods of segmentation for B2B
- Transforming Workplaces by Digitizing Frontline Operations with Brian Carpizo of TrustPlace Technologies