Google AdsGoogle Ads (formerly called AdWords) has long been the leading online advertising platform. There are still some very good reasons to use Google for lead generation.
- According to SEO Tribunal, Google handles more than 63,000 searches per second and still commands more than 90% of the global search engine market. With such a gigantic audience, you can reach more people on Google than anywhere else.
- There are many choices for advertising on Google, including retargeting, which lets you get your message in front of people who have already shown an interest in your business.
- Advertising with Google complements your SEO efforts. Paid ads can put your listing above even the top organic results, even for highly competitive keywords. If prospects can find you in both paid and organic listings, it boosts your visibility and authority.
Guidelines for Google AdsGoogle Ads is a way to jumpstart your traffic to landing pages or targeted content.
- Improve your quality score. Neil Patel emphasizes the importance of Google Quality Score at the top of his Google Ad hacks for more qualified leads. The main benefit of an improved Quality Score is that you pay less for ads. Some of the best ways to raise your score are to create a relevant and professional landing page and to increase click-through rates.
- Use the power of retargeting. Retargeting (or remarketing) lets you fine-tune targeting and reach prospects who have already visited your website. Google offers some power remarketing options for ad campaigns such as dynamic remarketing, which shows visitors specific products they’ve previously browsed.
- Analyze your competition. PPC advertising is extremely competitive so it’s essential to keep a close watch on your competitors. You can do basic competitor research by simply searching on Google to see who is advertising for important keywords. For more in-depth competitive research you can use tools such as SpyFu.
SEO/Web OptimizationIf you’re wondering whether it’s best to focus on Google Ads or SEO, the answer is that it’s best to do both. As noted, they actually work well together, allowing you to build your visibility in both paid and organic results.
- Web optimization is a cost-effective strategy.
- Organic listings help increase your authority.
- You can rank for long-tail keywords that your competition may be overlooking.
- Local SEO is becoming increasingly important for reaching customers seeking your kind of business in their area. Local searches bring up reviews as well as Google Maps to help people find a business.
Develop a Content StrategyPublishing the right content is fundamental to optimizing your website.
- Research the latest news and trends in your industry so you can cover relevant topics. While you should definitely research keywords, you should always be writing for your audience rather than the search engines.
- Publish content in a variety of formats, such as text, images, infographics, and videos.
- Include a compelling call-to-action with all of your content. This may be an invitation to join your mailing list, call your business, or take advantage of a free offer. Develop compelling lead magnets that solve your customers’ problems such as white papers, e-books, mini-courses, or free trials to attract more leads into your sales funnel.
- Always learn more about your audience. Poll your audience. Use analytics tools such as heat maps to find out where they spend the most time on your website.
LinkedIn Lead Generation Tips
- Create an optimized profile and be sure to fill out all fields and a keyword-rich description of your business.
- Publish content on LinkedIn regularly. Articles boost your authority and will get more readers to check out your profile. One untapped area is LinkedIn video, which most members still aren’t using and can help you get more attention.
- Boost your authority by asking for recommendations from other business professionals.
- Use sponsored posts and other LinkedIn advertising options to drive more traffic to your content.
- If you want to maximize your lead gen tools on LinkedIn, Sales Navigator provides lead recommendations and advanced search functions.
Create a Synergistic Lead Gen Strategy With Google, LinkedIn, and Web OptimizationLead generation is an ongoing process that you need to work on consistently. When it comes to Google, it’s ideal if you can rank your website as well as show people relevant ads. LinkedIn is another essential tool for building credibility and connecting with professionals and business owners. While all of these lead sources are effective, they work even better when you use them together.
The material was written with the help of the following resources:
- How To Hire Great Employees in a Changing Talent Landscape With Angela Hood of ThisWay Global
- How to Strategically Grow and Market a Business with Jacques Botbol of Verbit
- Mastering Marketing in Venture Capital With Vignesh Ravikumar of Sierra Ventures
- The Key to Creating Contagious Content With Andrea Breanna of RebelMouse
- Expert Advice for Start-ups With Rene de Jong